BEFORE BUYING A DREAMBAG
YOU MAY ASK WHAT CAN A DREAM BAG DO FOR YOUR CHILD?
A DreamBag is a quality sleeping bag in Danish design. It prevents children from getting the duvet over their heads or kicking off the duvet and thereby being cooled down during their sleep.
At DreamBag we also have our customers reporting one or more of the following additional benefits from using a DreamBag sleeping bag::
- The child falls asleep faster
- The child gets a calmer sleep
- The child wakes up less times at night
- The child sleeps longer
- The child sleeps throughout the night
DreamBag has a harness system which allows you to use it when taking your child for a walk in a pushchair or a pram.
WHAT IS A DREAMBAG?
A DreamBag is a sleeping bag for children from 6 months up to 6 years.
DreamBag consists of:
- A winter sleeping bag (in wool or down) or a summer sleeping bag (in wool)
- Removable cover in a design of your choice
- Detachable sleeves, mittens and hood
The sleeping bag is available in a summer and a winter model.
- The winter sleeping bag is available with wool or goose down for sleep inside and out. When sleeping outside, the sleeping bag may be further covered with a duvet or a blanket.
- The summer sleeping bag is in very thin wool and suitable for sleeping inside as well as outside during summer time.
The cover is made of GOTS certified 100% cotton or with an outer fabric in OEKO-TEX 100.
See specifications under each product.
The sleeves are insulated with Thinsulate which is a thin insulation material that can withstand temperatures down to -10°C while still allowing the skin to breathe.
The zippers are OEKO-TEX 100 certified. They are free of nickel, lead and heavy metals.
WHICH SIZE SHOULD I CHOOSE?
The DreamBag sleeping bag comes in three sizes: 1,2 and 3.
- Size 1 fits a child from approx. 6 months up to 2.5 years or 65-93 cm. The sleeping bag is 100 cm long from feet to shoulder and the neck opening is 39 cm. (15,35 inches)
- Size 2 fits a child from approx. 2.5 years up to 4 years or 93-115 cm. (36,61 – 45,28 Inches) The sleeping bag is 135 cm (53,15 inches) long from feet to shoulder and the neck opening is xx cm. (xx inches)
- Size 3 fits a child from approx. 4 years up to 6 years or 115-xxx cm. (45,28 – xx Inches) The sleeping bag is xx cm (xx inches) long from feet to shoulder and the neck opening is xx cm. (xx inches)
SHOULD THE SLEEPING BAG BE WITH WOOL OR DOWN FILLING?
The choice of sleeping bag is a matter of taste. Wool is better to absorb and release moisture than a down-filled sleeping bag, therefore wool will be preferable to a child that tends to be warm. A sleeping bag with down filling keeps the baby warm on an equal footing with the wool sleeping bag. A down-filled sleeping bag leads the mind towards a regular duvet.
- Winter sleeping bag in wool: 100% wool from England. The sleeping bag is soft, airy and wispy, quite like a regular duvet which can be used both inside and outside. The cover is in 100% cotton and is either GOTS-certified or OEKO-TEX 100. When sleeping outside in winter, we recommend that the child sleeps in clothes that cover arms, legs and feet, eg a wool suit or woolen underwear and additionally one can add a blanket/duvet over the sleeping bag.
- Winter sleeping bag in down: Produced in Germany with 90% goose down and 10% feather. It has the same soft and airy texture as a regular duvet which can be used both inside and outside. When sleeping outside in winter, we recommend that the child sleeps in clothes that cover arms, legs and feet, eg a wool suit or woolen underwear, and additionally one can add a blanket / duvet over the sleeping bag.
- Summer sleeping bag in wool: Produced in super-thin 3 mm plate wool. Suitable for sleeping inside and outside during summer.
USE OF THE DREAMBAG
HOW DO I USE THE DREAMBAG INSIDE?
We recommend tucking your child in a long-sleeved blouse/body stocking without legs. Many children sleep better if they also have the sleeves attached to the sleeping bag. However, since the sleeves will keep the sleeping bag warmer, it may be too hot for some children. It is therefore recommended in the first place to remove the sleeves from the sleeping bag, and if the child gets cold arms, the sleeves can be put back on. Another option is to only attach the sleeves halfway, which will create more ventilation.
If you have a child that tends to be warm you may try to open up the sleeping bag at the bottom.
Remember to ventilate the room before putting your child to sleep and if possible leave a window ajar throughout the night.
Recommended room temperature using a DreamBag with winter filling, long-sleeved blouse/ body stocking and bare legs: 14-18 °C (57-64.4 °F)
Cover with winter filling in wool or down: TOG: 3.5
NOTE: For safety reasons, the zipper in the neck opening must always be closed when the child is asleep. The child must never be left alone in a sleeping bag with an open neck zipper. Do not use the sleeping bag with other beddings.
HOW DO I USE THE DREAMBAG OUTSIDE?
When temperatures run below 14 °C (57 °F), it is recommended that the child also wears pants in addition to a long-sleeved blouse/body stocking. The child’s attire should reflect the temperature outside. The colder it is, the more clothes you should put on your child and vice versa in hot weather. The size 1 cover is besides removable sleeves also fitted with removable mittens and a hood, which is handy in cold weather. Instead of giving the child a lot of clothes on, it can sometimes be easier to regulate the child’s temperature by wrapping a blanket around the sleeping bag. Remember to make sure that the blanket cannot get over the head of the child.
In very hot weather, the filling can be taken out of the sleeping bag, so only the cover will cover the child.
It is possible to use a harness for the DreamBag sleeping bag. For size 1 there are 2 types of harnesses:
• A 5-point harness, which can be used inside the sleeping bag
• A babystroller harness from Tullsa, which is placed outside on the sleeping bag. Available here.
The Tullsa harness can also be used for the Dreambag sleeping bags size 2 and 3.
HOW DO I WASH THE DREAMBAG?
All covers are made of 100% cotton, which is either GOTS certified or OEKO-TEX 100. This means that the substances do not contain harmful chemicals. It is therefore not necessary to wash the DreamBag before use.
When the DreamBag is to be washed the washing instructions are as follows:
Take off the cover on the sleeping bag. Turn the cover, sleeves, mittens and hood inside out before washing in order to maintain the quality of the colors. Close all the zippers all the way.
Winter sleeping bag in wool: Wool is self-cleaning, so it is recommended to only wash the wool pad if absolutely necessary. Wash on a 30°C wool program or soft program with little centrifugation/400 rpm. Wool contains lanolin, it is therefore important to use wool soap that retains the quality as well as quantity of lanolin in the sleeping bag. DreamBag recommends using high-quality soap that extends the lifespan of the wool. Wool soap can be bought here The woolen duvet can furthermore be placed outside in humid weather or cold weather occasionally to ensure the quality of lanolin.
Winter sleeping bag in down: Wash at max 60°C in wool soap. It is recommended to put the down sleeping bag in a dryer for a minimum of 100 minutes to ensure the distribution of the pads inside the quilt. Shake and air the duvet often but do not knock or vacuum it.
Summer sleeping bag in wool: The summer sleeping bag cannot be washed in a machine but you can hand wash it, preferably with wool soap.
Cover:, sleeves, mittens and hood: All covers, sleeves, mittens and hood can be washed at 40°C. However, they should NOT be tumble dry, as they will shrink.
IS THE CHILD ABLE TO MOVE AROUND?
Yes! There is plenty of room around the child’s legs and hips in a DreamBag. The child can move freely and also get up. The child can turn and roll from stomach to back and vice versa. It is also possible for the child to sleep on the stomach with the legs bent underneath itself.
CAN THE DREAMBAG BE STRAPPED?
Yes! The DreamBag can be used with a harness so you can go for walks when the child is placed in a pushchair or a pram. Two holes have been prepared in the “back” of the sleeping bag, which can easily be cracked open in order to fasten the child with a regular 5-point harness in a pram. In a pushchair or a pram the child can also be fastened with a harness on top of the sleeping bag. You can buy an approved harness here
MY CHILD HAS A FEVER – CAN I USE THE DREAMBAG?
No. In case your child has a fever, it is important that the child is able to get rid off excess heat. Therefore it is not advisable for your child to be using a sleeping bag at this time.
WHAT SHIPPING OPTIONS ARE THERE?
- FREE delivery to a parcel shop in Denmark for purchases over DKK 900
- Greenland, Iceland and the Faroe Islands FREE delivery for purchases over DKK 1.500
- GLS Package Shop: DKK 43
- GLS Delivery to home address: DKK 58
- Pick up at DreamBag in Ordrup: FREE.
When resident in other countries within or outside EU you get free delivery for purchases over the amount of:
Pound sterling 180
US dollar 225
CAN I ALSO COME BY TO COLLECT MY DREAMBAG?
Yes! It is free to pick up ordered items from DreamBag, Ordrupdalvej 35, 2920 Charlottenlund, DK-Denmark. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a pickup.
IS DREAMBAG SHIPPING TO COUNTRIES OUTSIDE DENMARK?
DreamBag ships to the following countries:
Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Estonia, Finland, France, Faroe Islands, Greenland, Netherlands, Ireland, Iceland, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russia, Switzerland, Slovakia, Slovenia, the UK, Sweden, the Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Austria and the United States.
If you wish to have a DreamBag sent to a country that is not on the list of delivery countries, please contact customer service.