BEFORE BUYING A DREAMBAG
WHAT CAN A DREAM BAG DO?
DreamBag is a quality sleeping bag in Danish design. It prevents children from getting the quilt over their heads or kicking the quilt and thereby being cooled. DreamBag’s customers therefore find that DreamBag helps the child for a quieter sleep, for the benefit of the whole family.
At DreamBag, we also find that the customers report one or more of the following side benefits from a DreamBag sleeping bag:
- The child falls asleep faster
- The child gets a quieter sleep
- The child has fewer awakenings
- The child sleeps longer
- The child sleeps throughout the night
DreamBag has sockets for harness, so it can also be used as a driving bag on driving in pushchair and pram.
WHAT IS A DREAMBAG?
A DreamBag is a sleeping bag for children from 6 months to 4 years.
DreamBag consists of:
- A winter sleeping bag (in wool or down) or a summer sleeping bag (in wool)
- Removable cover in design of your choice
- Detachable sleeves, mittens and hood
The sleeping bag is available in a summer and a winter model.
- The winter sleeping bag is available with wool or goose down for sleep inside and out. When sleeping outside, the sleeping bag may be. Covered with a quilt or blanket.
- The summer sleeping bag is in very thin wool and suitable for sleep inside and out. When sleeping outside, the sleeping bag may be. Covered with a quilt or blanket.
The cover The cover is in 100% cotton in GOTS certified or OEKO-TEX 100.
See specifications under each product.
The sleeves are insulated with Thinsulate, a thin insulation material that can hold the heat down to minus 10 degrees while allowing the skin to breathe.
The zippers are OEKO-TEX 100 certified. They are free of nickel, lead and heavy metals.
WHICH SIZE SHOULD I CHOOSE?
DreamBag-soveposen findes i to størrelser: størrelse 1 og 2.
- Size 1 fits a child from about 6 months to 2.5 years or 65 to 93 cm. The sleeping bag is 100 cm long from shoulder to bottom and the neck opening is 39 cm.
Size 2 fits a child from about 2.5 to 4 years or 93 to 115 cm. The sleeping bag is 135 cm long from shoulder to bottom and the neck opening is xx cm.
SHOULD THE SLEEP POSER BE WITH WOOL OR THIN FILL?
The choice of sleeping bag is a matter of taste. Wool is better to absorb and release moisture than a down sleeping bag, and therefore wool will be preferable to a very hot child. A sleeping bag with down filling keeps the baby warm on an equal footing with the wool sleeping bag. But the down filling means that the bag leads the mind towards a regular quilt.
- Winter sleeping bag in wool: 100 percent wool from England. The sleeping bag is soft, airy and wispy, quite like a regular quilt, and can be used both for sleep inside and out. The cover is in 100% cotton and is either GOTS-certified or OEKO-TEX 100. When sleeping outside in winter, we recommend that the child sleep in clothes that cover arms, legs and feet, eg a wool suit or woolen underwear, and that for example Add a blanket / duvet over the sleeping bag.
- Winter sleeping bag in down: Produced in Germany by 90 percent goose down and 10 percent feather. It has the same soft and airy texture as a regular quilt and can both be used for sleep inside and out. When sleeping outside in the winter, we recommend that the child sleeps in clothes that cover arms, legs and feet, eg a wool suit or woolen underwear, and that for example a blanket / quilt is placed over the sleeping bag.
- Summer sleeping bag in wool: Produced in super-thin 3 mm plate wool. Suitable for sleeping in and out in the summer.
USE OF DREAMBAG
HOW DO I USE DREAMBAG INSIDE?
We recommend taking the sleeves off the sleeping bag when the child is used to sleeping in DreamBag. Let the child sleep in a long-sleeved body, and try with the sleeves if the child gets cold arms during the night. Light up DreamBag and put the baby in the sleeping bag. If you have a warm child, you can try your way with the sleeping bag slightly up in the foot end.
Remember to ventilate well in the room before the night’s sleep and leave it. the window squeezes the rest of the night.
NOTE: For safety reasons, the zipper in the neck opening must always be lightened when the child is asleep. The child must not be left alone in a sleeping bag with open neck zipper.
HOW DO I USE DREAMBAG OUTSIDE?
The child’s attire should reflect the temperature outside. The colder it is, the more of the child’s body should be covered in clothing. And vice versa in hot weather. Similarly, DreamBag can be adapted to the temperature. The cover with mittens and hood is practical in cold weather. If necessary, lay a blanket around the sleeping bag. When the temperature rises, gloves and hood become superfluous. In very hot weather, the sleeping bag itself can be taken out of DreamBag, so only the cover covers the child. DreamBag has outlet for harness, so it can also be used as a driving bag on excursions, strolls in stroller and for the handset in the pram.
HOW DO I WASH DAMBAG?
All covers are made in 100% cotton, which is either GOTS certified or OEKO-TEX 100. This means that the substances do not contain harmful chemicals. It is therefore not necessary to wash DreamBag before use.
When DreamBag is to be washed, the washing instructions are as follows:
Lightning covered by sleeping bag. Turn the covers and sleeves, mittens and hood inside out before washing to maintain the quality of the colors. Close all zippers all the way.
Winter wool in wool: Wool is self-cleaning, so it is recommended to only machine the wool pad if absolutely necessary. Wash at 30 degrees wool program or soft program with light centrifugation. The wool dye contains lanolin, and it is therefore important to use wool soap that retains the quality and quantity of lanolin in the sleeping bag. DreamBag recommends using high-quality soap soap that extends the life of the wool. Wool soap can be bought here The woolen dough can advantageously be hung for aeration outside in humid weather or frost weather occasionally to ensure the quality of lanolin.
Winter sleeping bag in down: Wash at max 60 degrees in wool soap. It is recommended to dry the down sleeping bag for a minimum of 100 minutes to ensure the distribution of the pads inside the quilt. Shake and air the quilt often. Do not knock or vacuum.
Summer sleeping bag in wool: The summer sleeping bag cannot be washed in the machine. Can be hand washed, preferably with wool soap.
Cover:, sleeves, mittens and hood: All covers and sleeves mittens and hood can be washed at 40 degrees. Cover, sleeves, mittens and hood should NOT be tumble dry, as they will shrink.
CAN THE CHILD MOVE?
Yes! There is plenty of room around the child’s legs and hips in a DreamBag. The child can move freely and also get up. The child can turn and turn and roll from stomach to back and vice versa. It is also possible for the child to sleep with the nose in the air and the legs underneath.
CAN DREAMBAG BE FIXED?
Yes! DreamBag has sockets for harness, so it can also be used as a driving bag on driving in pushchair and pram. Two holes have been prepared in the “back” of the sleeping bag, which can easily be cracked, so that the child can be tightened with a regular 5-point harness in eg a pram. In stroller and pram, the child can also be fastened with a stroller seat that sits on the sleeping bag. You can buy an approved stroller seat on dreambag.dk here
My child has a fever – can I use DreamBag?
No. If a child has a fever, it is important that the child can get rid of the heat. Therefore, it is not advisable to have children in sleeping bags sleeping in a sleeping bag.
WHAT SHIPPING OPTIONS ARE THERE?
- FREE delivery to parcel shop in Denmark for purchases over DKK 900
- Greenland, Iceland and the Faroe Islands FREE delivery for purchases over DKK 1.500
- GLS Package Shop: DKK 43
- GLS Delivery to home address: DKK 58
- Download at DreamBag in Ordrup: FREE.
Other countries in the EU and outside the EU free delivery for purchase over:
Pound sterling 180
US dollar 225
CAN I ALSO COME AND GET MY DREAMBAG?
Yes! It is free to pick up ordered items from DreamBag, Ordrupdalvej 35, 2920 Charlottenlund, DK-Denmark. Write to to arrange pickup.
IS DREAMBAG SHIPPING TO COUNTRIES OUTSIDE DENMARK?
DreamBag sends to
Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Estonia, Finland, France, Faroe Islands, Greenland, Netherlands, Ireland, Iceland, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russia, Switzerland, Slovakia, Slovenia, the UK, Sweden, the Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Austria and the United States.
If you want to get DreamBag sent to a country that is not on the list of delivery countries, please contact customer service..